在托福聽力裡有一些句子很經典,但卻是考生聽不懂意思的小詞小句,以下文章是托福我為大家總結了那些句子,以及在出現這些句子的真題。希望對同學們的托福聽力準備有所幫助。
1.take a rain check 改天吧
—— Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上來吃飯好嗎?)
—— I'm up to my ears in work, so I'll have to take a raincheck。 (我工作很忙,改天吧。)
2. lost count 弄不清楚
—— Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are alwaysdriving there. How many trips a week do you makeanyway?
(自從你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是開車去看她。一周去幾次啊?)
——I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyesclosed。 (搞不清楚了,但我閉著眼也能摸過去。)
3. be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍
—— Pete’s really out of it these days。 (Pete 這幾天有點心不在焉。) —— Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he's been in
anotherworld。 (我同意。自從他遇見Ann, 他就魂不守捨了。)
4. make yourself at home 隨意,隨便
—— Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脫下夾克嗎?)
—— Of course not, make yourself at home。 (當然不介意,隨意一點!)
5. save your breath 省口氣吧;別白費口舌了—— Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)
—— Save your breath. He"s out of earshot。(省口氣吧。他已經聽不到了。)
6. make sense 有意義,理解
—— The plot of that movie is hard to follow。 (那部電影的情節很難跟得上。) —— It makes more sense the second time。 (再看一遍
就理解了。)
7. cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂貴
——Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave toLinda?(你看到Bill送給Linda的鑽戒了嗎?) ——I sure did. It must have cost him an
arm and aleg。 (當然了。那一定很昂貴。)
8.burn a hole in one's pocket 很快地被花光
——Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computeryet? (你攢足錢給你的電腦買一台新打印機了嗎?)
——You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately .Maybe next month. (這幾個月我花錢如流水。也許下個月吧。)
9.fill one's shoes 很好地頂替;令人滿意地替代
——Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring?(你聽說Jones教授要退休了嗎?)
——Yes. The faculty won't find anyone to fill her shoes。 (是的。學校將很難找到合適的人來代替她。)
10.is ice cold 表示理所當然
——Does Prof. Ford always come to class? (Ford教授總是來上課嗎?) ——Is ice cold? (當然了。)
11.like apples and oranges 用來表示無法相比的事物
——Which game do you think is more difficult to learn, chess orbridge? (你認為橋牌和象棋哪個更難學?)
——They are like apples and oranges. (它倆沒法比較。)
12.look for a needle in a hay stack 大海撈針
——We are supposed to meet John here at the train station。 (我們要在火車站接John。) ——That's like looking for a needle in a
hay stack . (那可真是大海撈針。)
13.lose one’s train of 忘記
——When you interrupted me, you made me lose my train of thought。 (你打斷了我的思考,我忘記我在想什麼了。)
14.meet each other half way 相互妥協,讓步
——My chemistry project is in trouble because my partner and I hadtotally different ideas about how to proceed。 (我的化學課題
出問題了。在進展問題上,我與我的合作者意見完全不同。) ——You should try to meet each other half way. (你們應該相互妥協。)
15.on the dot 準時;正點
——Did you and Amanda really meet exactly five minutes to two infront of the theatre? (你和Amanda確實在差5分兩點的時候到達劇
院門口了嗎?)
——Yes, we were both there on the dot. (是的,我倆都準點到達。)
16.once and for all 最後一次;乾脆
——I am going to tell that neighbor of mine to turn down that musiconce and for all。 (我要最後一次告訴我那個鄰居把音樂聲關小。)
——I see why you are angry. But I've always found that the politeroute is the most effective. (我明白你為什麼惱火。但我總覺得禮貌
的方式是最有效的。)
17.out of earshot 不在聽力所及範圍
——Hey? John! John! (嗨! John! John! )
留言列表